Saturday 9 December 2017

Christmas Reading Continues

๐ŸŽ„A Dream for Winter by Maria Bernard๐ŸŽ„


Stick Shift Lips Rockstar Romance




Enjoy as part of the series or as a stand alone read.


Blurb

Sage is a mystery. The world doesn't understand him, and that's just fine as far as he's concerned.

Carlie dreams of Christmas trees and family dinners. On her own for the first time, she dreads the long and lonely nights of winter.

What happens when their contrasting worlds collide?

Quotes from happy readers:
Thus begins one of the sweetest romances I have ever read! 
WOW!! I devoured this story in one sitting!
It was like a beautifully modern gothic urban fairy tale set at Christmastime.
This book took me through so many emotions! Couldn't put it down.
I love the Stick Shift Lips boys and this book brought them together with a new favorite, Sage. I love this book and hope to be reading many more stories about this group. Maria ROCKS.

Excerpt:
“Wow, I’m really sorry to hear that,” she said, standing back from the window. “I suppose that’s why you don’t like Christmas?”
“I hate everything about it,” he said, making his way over to the fifth and final window. “It’s all just a gimmick, hyped up by department stores like this one. It’s hands down, one of the greatest marketing scams ever.”
“I don’t know about that,” she said with a despondent sigh.
“Think about it,” he said, shaking his head at the gaudy display. “The whole event is designed to make you want things, to make you feel guilty unless you buy all these useless material goods that you really don’t need. It feeds off of people’s insecurities.”
“I still love it,” she said, walking past him toward the burlap wrapped Christmas trees. 
“Do you?” he asked, watching her remove her mitten and run her fingers along the pine needles. “How do you feel about not being able to afford one of these trees? Do you feel good about that?”
“No, but I feel hopeful that one day I may be able to afford one,” she said with conviction.
“You just don’t get it, do you?” he asked, looking into her big brown eyes. “It’s all just a big lie.”
“Why are you trying to destroy something that means so much to me?” she asked with an involuntary quiver to her lips. “Why would you want to take Christmas away from me?”




Amazon:
iBooks:




No comments:

Post a Comment